Test & Support Engineer
To carry out design driven product testing and contribute to continuous improvement and process development
Full Time, Permanent
Minimum of HNC or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline.
Closing Date: Friday 29th September 2023
Development Testing of New Hardware & Software Designs
- Work with new product development teams to create test plans to prove new designs comply with development specifications.
- Electronic hardware functional testing – accuracy, repeatability and reproducibility studies, usability, etc.
- Functional testing of embedded software.
- Functional testing of PC apps.
- Functional testing of mobile apps (android and IOS).
- Environmental testing (e.g. temperature, humidity, water and dust ingress protection).
- Mechanical test (impact, shock, vibration).
- Electrical safety assessment (insulation breakdown, heat rise, etc.).
- Life test – mechanical ops, battery life, etc.
- Electromagnetic compatibility testing (RFI immunity and emissions, ESD, etc.).
- Test report preparation.
Design of Test of Test Samples & Rigs
- Source electronic and mechanical components from vendors.
- Basic testing and fault finding of circuit assemblies using DMM and oscilloscope.
- Hand crafting suitable enclosures as required.
- Assembly into enclosures.
- Possibility to develop basic programming skills for automated tests.
- Organise facilities and equipment in small development laboratory.
- Ensure all lab equipment is properly maintained and facilities are kept in a clean and tidy state.
- Maintain stocks of components used for development work.
- Develop and document engineering processes.
- Previous test experience.
- Exposure to new electronic instrument product development or improvement processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Methodical and careful approach to practical problems.
- Interested and curious about new technologies.
- Keen to learn about and to adapt to new ideas.
- IT Literate – Word, Excel
- Data Entry.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.