To supply materials and services for on-going production and new product development, on-board new suppliers and support compliance activity.
Full Time, Permanent
Educated to GCSE standard, to include English and Mathematics.
Closing Date: Friday 25th November 2022
- Responsible for placing orders in accordance with Financial Regulations for inventory and non-inventory goods and services.
- Maintain Planning Parameters for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that order confirmations are maintained for the Purchasing Team and any due date alterations are reflected in the ERP system.
- Expedite overdue purchase orders and update the ERP.
- Communicate effectively with the Planning Team so that any part or material availability issues are resolved or reflected in the production schedules.
- Issue open order book summaries to suppliers and update ERP to maintain on time and in full deliveries.
- Periodic review of aged open orders for non-inventory items, liaise with the requestor and receive/close orders accordingly.
- Actively maintain the supplier appraisal system, through supplier on boarding of new suppliers and maintenance of supplier records for expiring certificates and accreditation.
- Extract data from the ERP and compile reports in Excel to identify opportunities for stock reduction, improvements and efficiencies.
- Provide support within the Purchasing Team.
- Minimum of 12 months proven work experience in comparable roles.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge and application of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and use of V-Look up and Pivot table functions.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to liaise with others and tailor communication style.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.