Level 1 Repairs Technician
To help the technical team fulfil their task to diagnose and repair faults in a timely and efficient manner, by assisting with some of the less technical tasks, such as; diagnostic testing, case assembly, EOLT, some basic repairs, booking in and PI count of REPSTOCK.
Full Time, Temporary (3 Months)
BTEC National Certificate – Electronics or Mechanical discipline.
Closing Date: Friday 5th August 2022
- Support role for the Repairs Department.
- Carry out repairs on ‘repeat’ on high volume products.
- Booking in new jobs and create process documents.
- Identify the route (triage) for incoming repairs.
- Pack and complete products for return to customer or stock.
- Carry out testing of products using associated test equipment.
- Calibrate and retest products including software upgrades.
- Carry out assembly tasks such as; assemble gauge cases, windows, fit air probes.
- Carry out EOLT.
- Cary out PI counts on REPSTOCK according to an assigned schedule.
- Assess validity of warranty claims and action according to Company procedures.
- Make a positive contribution to continuous improvement activities within the team.
- Provide support to other internal departments as and when required.
- Comply with Company H&S procedures and legislation at all times.
- Identify any hazards, make safe and report as per Company H&S procedures.
- Ensure correct use and storage of PPE.
- Any additional duties deemed appropriate which are within the job holder’s capabilities.
- Some electronics repair, test and engineering experience.
- Background in electrical / electronic fault finding and repair work.
- Experience of test equipment, i.e. oscilloscopes, multi-meters and logic analysers.
- Experience of working on products with live mains.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of spatial awareness, technical ability and focus.
- IT literate – MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Data entry.
- Manual dexterity.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.