To support continuously growing and expanding business by further development of existing systems as well as production of new software and web applications.
Full Time, Permanent
Relevant Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
Closing Date: Friday 3rd June 2022
- Customise, expand and enhance existing web-based ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) platform called Epicor Kinetic using built-in developer’s tools (designers and wizards for database queries, user interface & events) as well as custom C# code.
- Develop Windows Forms applications using C# .NET Framework (PC Computers), C# .NET Compact Framework (Windows Mobile based hand held terminals) and SQL query language for database querying and integration – all within Microsoft Visual Studio 2008-2019 and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio environments.
- Execute full software development life cycle – design, implement, test, release.
- Write well-designed, testable, modular, reusable and commented code.
- Test own code as well as code written by other developers.
- Write documentation, including technical overviews, user guides, instruction manuals, etc.
- Create dynamic, parameterised reports for various areas of the business using SQL query language.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and debug technical issues reported via helpdesk ticketing system and provide resolutions or escalate the issues with supporting detailed documentation and recreation path.
- Any additional duties deemed appropriate in line with key responsibilities of the role.
- Minimum 2 years of proven work experience in C# .NET development.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of:
o Windows Mobile operating system and C# .NET Compact Framework development.
o Design patterns MVP, MVVM, MVC.
o Crystal Reports.
o SQL Server Reporting Services.
o Microsoft Blazor.
o PHP and Magento eCommerce platform.
o RESTful Web services.
o DevExpress C# libraries.
o Distributed version control systems (e.g. Git).
o Atlassian Jira (Project & Issue Tracking Portal), Confluence (Document Collaboration Portal) and Bitbucket (Git Code Management Portal).
o Business ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) applications, especially Epicor/Kinetic.
o Manufacturing and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to develop Windows Forms applications using C# .NET in Visual Studio environment.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, SQL query language and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio application.
- Ability to follow good design and programming techniques and comply with project, department and business standards.
- Ability to document requirements, prepare development plan and provide technical documentation, user guides and other supporting documents.
- Ability to interpret written business requirements, technical specifications and other developers’ code.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.