Application Software Engineer
To develop MS Windows, Android and iOS applications that support Elcometer’s range of industrial measurement gauges.
Full Time, Permanent
Educated to degree level or equivalent in Electronic or Software Engineering or a relevant subject
Closing Date: Friday 3rd June 2022
- Contribute to the successful introduction of new applications and products, by working as part of a Product Development Team.
- Interact professionally with colleagues, staff, distributors and other external bodies.
- To provide their manager with up-to-date technical advice in their own specific field of expertise.
- Provide project status reports to their manager when requested.
- Identify issues of priority with their manager.
- Liaise with and assist other engineers in the team to ensure that the project is completed on time.
- Liaise with internal departments to minimise and resolve issues arising from the introduction of new products.
- Review any new product development procedures.
- Responsible for agreeing defined objectives with their manager, monitoring their own performance against these objectives.
- Suggest any personal training requirements to their manager.
- Ensure all Company policies, procedures, standards and codes of conduct are implemented in a professional manner.
- Be aware of your Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) responsibilities and comply with those EHS legal requirements.
- Ensure up to date with new and emerging technologies or processes to ensure the Company maintains its technological advantages.
- Provide technical advice and support within own field of experience to other engineers and managers throughout the Company.
- Ensure all product development documentation is sufficient for purpose and retained/archived in an accessible system.
- C# experience.
- Graphical user interface development.
- Producing structured, modular, efficient and reliable code.
- Using IDEs, compilers, debuggers; specifically MS Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- IT Literate – Word, Excel, etc.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to manage own time effectively within a project.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.