Service and Logistics Team Leader
Responsible for ensuring achievement of key strategic goals within the service and stores areas in line with the Company strategic direction and customer expectation.
Full Time, Permanent
Electrical /Electronic / Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- First line manager dealing with all day-to-day issues within the Repairs and warehouse departments that impact departmental performance and therefore, customer service and stock integrity.
- Hands on approach with repairs and warehouse when staff levels or workload dictates.
- Plan activities using standards and monitor capacities to enable a proactive approach to customer service.
- Liaise with customers and internal contacts throughout the business
- Manging stocks and inventory to maintain accurate stock records
- Keep staff appraised of business performance and issues.
- Manage direct reports, including performance and appraisals
- Compliance and maintenance of health and safety
- Responsible for the services to the areas and the equipment in the areas under your control are safe and functional.
- Create and maintain calibration register for equipment.
- Targeted 3 day turn round time of all in-house repairs and calibration where product test regime makes this practical.
- Maximise department’s flexibility and reduce areas of vulnerability by use of skills matrix analysis and training programmes.
Implement individual KPI for technicians and operatives with SMART principals – revenue/ head, output/ head, etc.
- Stock integrity, cycle counting accuracy and frequency
On time delivery of orders
- Implement the system for items beyond economical repair at earliest point, in order to minimise waste.
- Implementation of standards and plans for repeat activities and processes to maximise performance and reduce costs.
- Progress training of Repairs Technicians and logistics staff to create a flexible team.
- Coordinate a training regime to expand knowledge within the team.
- Document training through the skills matrix.
- Review progress and objective with all staff on a regular basis.
- Stock stored safely in correct locations
- The counting of stores inventory on an on-going cyclical basis.
- The identification and communication of counts including discrepancies between theoretical and physical stock.
- Adjusting and reporting on stock discrepancies
- Establish Repairs stock levels maintain stock to support turn round times of repairs.
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives with the team and implement.
- Daily/ Weekly/ Monthly KPI and SOFTO reporting.
- Ensure self and team comply with Company H&S procedures and legislation at all times.
- Identify any hazards, make safe, record and report as per Company H&S procedures.
- Record and maintain Health and Safety records for the area.
- Responsible for the security in your areas is adequate, functioning and active.
Any additional duties deemed appropriate which are within the job holders’ capabilities.
- Minimum 3 years management experience.
- Minimum 5 years electronics repair, test and engineering experience to component level.
- Strong background in electrical / electronic / mechanical fault finding and repairs using circuit diagrams.
- Proficient at soldering, including SMT components.
- Exceptional technical knowledge and ability.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- IT literate – test software, MS Office.
- Data entry.
- Management reporting.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.