Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
To design and develop new products, on-time, on cost and in full, along with supporting and improving existing products.
Full Time, Permanent
Educated to Diploma / Degree level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
Closing Date: Friday 17th February 2023
- Investigation of new technologies and how they can be incorporated into current products and new product ranges.
- Define and manage project and resource plans for “owned” projects.
- Risk assessments of project / product definitions and designs.
- Use of peer review and process driven quality checks systems such as DFMEA
- Prototype feasibility or “proof of life” for “owned” projects.
- Management of design changes including Bills of Materials, 2D and 3D design updates.
- Adherence to all legislation relevant to the product or company (ISO:9001 etc.).
- Project handover management from R&D into Production, including manufacturability and sourcing information.
- Improvements to R&D workflows and processes ensuring the continual improvement of the department.
- Support of current products through Jira ensuring timely close out of issues.
- Mechanical design of products through their full lifecycle.
- 8-10 years’ 3D Mechanical Design experience.
- Modelling and simulation of mechanical systems.
- Designing machined and cast metal components and assemblies.
- Designing injection moulded components and assemblies.
- Electro-Mechanical Design Experience.
- Designing precision machining parts for intricate assemblies / fits.
- New Product Introduction process.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and Vault.
- Design of handheld electronic equipment.
- Design of high precision metal parts for measurement devices.
- Design of machined and cast metal parts for pressurised systems and fluid related applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- IT Literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Corel Draw, etc.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to manage own time effectively within a project.
- Attention to detail.
- DFM and DFMEA practical application.
- Knowledge of test and measurement equipment.
- Knowledge of Advanced manufacturing techniques and Industry 4.0.
- Epicor ERP experience.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.