Mechanical Design Engineer
Research, design and develop new and existing products using 3D and 2D systems. Documentation and distribution of information through the business relating to these products/projects.
Full Time, Permanent
Degree in area of expertise. Machining Techniques
Closing Date: Friday 15th September 2023
- Design Products – Ownership of the design of mechanical products, this may include making calculations of product dimensions, drawing sketches of product ideas, and designing mock-ups of proposed products.
- Develop and Complete Projects – Provide the PDM/Senior Mechanical Engineer with up to date technical advice in their own area of expertise, provide regular project status updates. Provide estimates for likely timescales and cost for assigned tasks.
- CAD and PDM Administration – Ensure All Product Development is sufficient for purpose and retained/archived in an accessible system and maintain their own data in that system to the business standards.
- Design & Test - Design and build of test fixtures and equipment, definition of product testing for mechanical performance, Analysis and reporting of results.
- Design Project Plans – Advise, support, and inform PDM/Senior Engineers to define timings/costs for product development in areas of expertise. Work to defined project plans and ensure that any deviation to plan is relayed to the relevant project lead in a timely manner.
- Research - Review and suggestion of improvement
- Collaborate - Collaborate with engineers and developers to create product designs. Support quality/operational improvement activities Identified using root cause analysis techniques.
- Experience in designing for production methodologies (DfA, DfM.)
- Familiarity with Autodesk Vault or other Data Management solutions.
- Drawing to standards BS8888, GD&T, ISO128
- 1+ years’ experience in a product development role for instruments, control systems or similar industrial electronic products.
- 3D Mechanical Design experience on any CAD system, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
- Technical drawings preparation (i.e. dimensioning and tolerancing).
- Good manufacturing processes understanding.
- Knowledge of test and measurement equipment.
- Knowledge of Advanced manufacturing techniques and Industry 4.0.
- Epicor ERP experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- IT Literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to manage own time effectively.
- Customer Focus
- Drive and Determination
- Managing Change
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.