Level 2 Technician
To support customer base. To diagnose & repair faults with customer returned equipment. To calibrate returned products using standard procedures.
Full Time, Permanent
HND/HNC Electrical /Electronic Engineering (or equivalent)
- Test and analyse items returned from customer for repair.
- Identify the route (triage) for incoming repairs.
- Fault find/repair electronic, electro-mechanical and PCBs at component level ensuring build standard and test are at the appropriate revision.
- Identify trends in products returns/ faults and report same to manager.
- Repairs to be in line with FIFO working, targeted at <3-day TRT & work to ISO quality standards.
- Calibrate and retest products including software upgrades.
- Read and work from product manuals, schematics, circuit diagrams and technical assembly drawings.
- Produce documentation, main fault reports and repair documentation.
- Log all time per job and parts used.
- Assess validity of warranty claims and action according to Company procedures to achieve personal repair targets.
- Make a positive contribution to continuous improvement activities within the team.
- Provide support to other internal departments as and when required.
- Comply with Company H&S procedures and legislation at all times.
- Identify any hazards, make safe and report as per Company H&S procedures.
- Ensure correct use and storage of PPE and RPE.
- Any additional duties deemed appropriate which are within the job holder’s capabilities.
- Minimum 3 years electronics repair, test & engineering experience to component level.
- Strong background in electrical / electronic fault finding & repairs to component using circuit diagrams.
- Experience of using test equipment, i.e., oscilloscopes, multi-meters & logic analysers, bespoke test software
- Proficient at soldering including SMT components
- Good organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- IT literate - test software
- Data Entry
- MS Word, Excel & Outlook skills
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.