Quality Technician (Calibration bias)
Maintaining, & continuously improving the calibration system, processes & procedures to meet industry regulations & best practices.
Full Time, Permanent
GCSE Level A-C, BTEC first certificate or equivalent, NVQ level 2 qualification.
Create & maintain calibration procedures, work instructions & test methods to establish a clear framework for calibration practices.
Calibrate & maintain equipment in accordance with relevant approved procedures, work instructions & test methods.
Liaise with the calibration test houses to ensure the availability of calibrated & maintained equipment to the business
Compliance & Auditing:
Conduct reviews of the calibration procedures, work instructions & test methods to assess the effectiveness of the calibration system.
Identify risks & areas for improvement within the calibration processes & work with stakeholders to implement corrective actions & preventive measures.
Training & Education:
Develop & deliver training programs to educate employees on the correct use measuring equipment, & their role/responsibility in maintaining these.
Customer Focus & Feedback:
Utilize internal & external customer feedback as valuable insights for process improvements & product/service enhancements.
Foster a culture of awareness about the purpose of calibrated measuring equipment across the organization by working closely with stakeholders.
Facilitate & support Managers in resolving problems relating to the availability & functionality of the measuring equipment required for their processes.
Always comply with company HS&E procedures & legislation.
Any additional duties deemed appropriate, which are within the job holder’s capabilities. E.g., Assy & M/C shop product & process audits, internal audits, supplier visits, & customer/warranty complaint support.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience of working in a quality or production role in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Use of measuring & test equipment e.g., use of handheld tools, in-process measuring equipment & end of line test equipment
- 1 - 2 years’ experience of working in a quality or production role in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience of calibrating measuring equipment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written, verbal & presentation skills
- Good organisational & prioritising skills
- Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning & decision making
- Ability to write calibration procedures, work instructions & test methods
- Ability to work with, instruct & guide people at all levels on the topic of calibration
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.