Product Development Manager
To manage the design and development of products
Full Time, Permanent
Degree or equivalent experience in area of expertise.
Closing Date: Friday 17th February 2023
- Responsible for development and output of product development engineering team to deliver to NPD projects.
- Leading project activities and their deliveries including planning, reviewing progress, and ensuring adherence to Elcometer processes and their requirements.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Line management of team members including objective setting, personal development and performance management.
- Competence development of team, including tools and processes.
- Work with project and product development managers and lines within R&D to agree targets and resources.
- Contribute to R&D process development and continuous improvement.
- Adherence to all legislation relevant to the product or company.
- Ensure team and projects are working to and meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Participation to R&D reporting and strategy implementation as a member of the departmental management team.
- Contribute to departmental, project and product budget planning and authorise limited value purchases.
- Ensure own product development documentation is sufficient for purpose and retained/archived in an accessible system.
- Strong experience in product development engineering management/leadership.
- Proven track record in managing teams and development projects.
- Experience in developing complex technical solutions for new products and processes.
- Electronics product design and leadership.
- Experience in cross functional environment of mechanical, hardware and software disciplines
- Strong leadership and people skills.
• Strong emphasis on drive and determination.
• Ability to lead by example.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical and problemsolving skills.
• Good understanding of real time software and the use of appropriate methods to implement it.
• Customer Focus
• Planning & Business Performance
• Commercial Awareness & Financial Impact
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.