Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
To design and develop new products, on-time, in full and to budget, along with supporting members of the mechanics team and improving existing products.
Full Time, Permanent
Educated to Diploma / Degree level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December 2021
- Design of a range of mechanics for new products and improvements through their full lifecycle.
- Investigation of new technologies and how they can be incorporated into current products and new product ranges.
- Assist in specification of project/product definitions and designs.
- Use of peer review and process-driven quality check systems such as DFMEA.
- Prototype feasibility or “proof of life” in product development.
- Management of design changes including Bills of Materials, 2D and 3D design updates.
- Take a leadership role within the mechanics team, ensuring good design practice.
- Adherence to all legislation relevant to the product and company (ISO:9001 etc.).
- Project handover management from R&D into Production, including manufacturability and sourcing information.
- Support of current products through JIRA ensuring timely close out of issues.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and Vault.
- Design of handheld electronic equipment.
- Design of high precision metal parts for measurement devices.
- Design of machined and cast metal parts for pressurised systems and fluid related applications.
- History of leading design teams.
- Knowledge of test and measurement equipment.
- Knowledge of advanced manufacturing techniques and industry 4.0.
- Epicor ERP experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- IT Literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Corel Draw, etc.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to manage own time effectively within a project.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.