CNC Miller / Setter / Operator / Junior Programmer
To support in meeting the demand for milled parts.
Full Time, Permanent
GCSE or higher in Maths and English.
Closing Date: Friday 25th March 2022
- Read drawings, use hand measuring equipment, quality checking.
- Setup CNC machines, include tools, vices, measure tool dimensions and find/check zero points on the actual work piece.
- Read and understand programs.
- Edit program/tools to match with the demanded drawing tolerances.
- Good material handling, as good cosmetic finish is essential at all times.
- Maintains machining centres, coolant filling, machine cleaning, etc.
- Plan workload on the shift, support lights-out operations when possible.
- Record new information, by photo, video, text, etc.
- Communicate with rest of the team in order to reduce mistakes to a minimum.
Health & Safety
- Comply with company H&S procedures and legislation and safe systems of work.
- Ensure you work safely and maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Identify any hazard, make safe and report.
- Correct use and storage of PPE and RPE issued.
- Haas Control or Fanuc.
- 3 axis vertical, 4 axis horizontal machine centres.
- Basic IT skills (Excel, Outlook).
- Must have a good understanding of mechanical processes and practices.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- 5 axis experience.
- Experience with automation (robot).
- 5 axis CMM experience.
- Experience of working within a disciplined ISO 9000 environment.
- Experience of working with Heidenhain.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently with multiple stakeholders.
- Organisational skills.
- Must be a team player.systems.
- Good organisational skills.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.