Machine Shop Logistics & Technical Support
To support the Machine Shop Manager in maintaining systems and processes designed to ensure that the Machine Shop meets its’ target with respect to on-time delivery and cost effectiveness.
Full Time, Permanent
Degree in a technical discipline
Closing Date: Friday 21st April 2023
Material Control and Job Planning and Scheduling
- Using production planner workbench within Epicor to raise jobs needed for the shopfloor in a timely manner.
- Booking jobs and transactions within Epicor.
- Checking and maintaining batch quantities of all parts raised on the machine shop to ensure that they’re broadly correct.
- Auditing PO suggestions for material purchases.
- Chasing and prioritising individual overdue parts when necessary.
- Kitting jobs, creating serial numbers and updating shortage lists.
Machine Process Data Capture, Analysis and Control
- Analyse and input standard cycle times to the ERP system.
- Changing all BoMs and MoMs in Epicor when machines, materials or processes change.
- Adding MoMs and BoMs for all new parts raised in Epicor.
- Monitor and ensure standard times are achieved.
- Training current staff to maintain this structure in future.
- Ordering tools and equipment.
- Inputting data into various spreadsheets (lathe workholding, machine schedules, budget, machine OEE, maintenance, H&S, etc.).
- Experience of data management within ERP systems.
- Appreciation of common metal cutting machinery.
- Use of common manufacturing documentation (BOMs, assembly drawings, etc.).
- Use of method and production instructions.
- Skilled in use of data management tools, such as; MS Excel.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.