Machine Shop Labourer
This role exists to support the manufacturing operations that take place within the Machine Shop.
Full Time, Permanent
GCSE or higher in Maths and English.
Closing Date: Friday 14th January 2022
- Unloading material as it arrives into the factory. Booking material into stock and locating it clearly and precisely. Use of Epicor to book material in and to kit material to jobs.
Preparation of materials for machining, cutting of aluminium extrusion to length, deburring and polishing of parts, cleaning of work areas, operation of automatic saws, packing of components, removal of swarf from the building.
Deburring/Polishing Production Operation
- General deburring/polishing of machined parts using a variety of techniques; bead blasting, manual fettling, sanding, pillar drill, vibro deburrer, etc.
- Producing parts to drawing and within agreed specifications/tolerances.
- Producing components to an agreed schedule of works orders, to the machine parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Verifies settings by measuring sample work pieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements detailed by production engineering, following manufacturer's instructions.
- Control the raw material stock.
Health & Safety
- Comply with company H&S procedures and legislation and safe systems of work.
- Ensure you work safely and maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Identify any hazard, make safe and report.
- Correct use and storage of PPE and RPE issued.
- Basic IT skills (Excel, Outlook).
Must have a good understanding of mechanical processes and practices.
Ability to read and understand drawings.
Use of manual machine tools (pillar drill).
Experience of working within a disciplined ISO 9000 environment.
Working in a Machine Shop environment..
- Must be able to communicate efficiently with multiple stakeholders.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.