General Production Operator
To manufacture products and work in the Operations processes.
Full Time, Permenant
GCSE or above in English & Maths.
Closing Date: Friday 20th May 2022
- Manual dexterity, soldering, crimp and use of general hand assembly tools.
- Read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, method sheets or samples.
- Use of process materials including resins, glues and curing systems and/or agents.
- General component identification.
- Use of computerised assembly, test and stock control systems & peripheral equipment.
- Assembly of optical units, wiring looms, cables, electro mechanical assemblies and finished products adhering to Company documentation and to agreed QA standards.
- Ensure that the integrity and quality of the materials used in the process meet the required standards.
Testing & Packing
- Test or calibration of assemblies using a range of Company bespoke processes; PC based, mechanical and manually operated equipment.
- Ensure the integrity & quality of the product passed to the next stage of the process.
- Packing operations ranging from bagging and labelling individual items to site kits containing multiple products and accessories into bespoke carry cases.
- Working in all areas of production using a range of different processes.
- Handling process materials safely to prevent degradation.
- Working to Company standards and procedures at all times.
Health & Safety
- Comply with Company H&S procedures and legislation at all times.
- Identify any hazards, make safe and report as per Company H&S procedures.
- Ensure correct use and storage of PPE and RPE.
- Any additional duties deemed appropriate which are within the job holders capabilities.
- Assembly, test, packing and material handling processes.
- Optical assembly or detailed fine assembly work.
- Computer based processes.
- Mechanical and electronic processes.
- Use of documentation (bill of materials, assembly drawings).
- Health & Safety.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to strict timescales.
- IT literate, good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.