The Stores Supervisor will manage the inventory function of both Crabtree and Edge Lane sites from receipt of goods through to issuing for manufacture and transferring manufactured goods to FGS warehouse. The Stores Supervisor will oversee all Crabtree and Edge Lane site activities related to receiving, storing and distributing materials, equipment, merchandise, supplies, products, Inventory management to order despatch
Full Time, Permanent
Formal qualifications in Inventory Management
Closing Date: Friday 19th August 2022
The Stores Supervisor (SS) will maximise customer service both internal and external, to end user and distributor by ensuring all associated processes are carried out in a timely manner, in line with business and customer expectations.
The SS is Accountable for:
• Manage activities including receiving, inventory control and kitting.
• Ensure inventory control process and initiatives are accurately followed and reported
• Perform data entry duties relating to operational systems and processes e.g., process bin to bin, primary bin set up, transrack issue upon receipt, converting bulk RAWMAT (e.g.: Blastline hoses) to FGS, Booking all transferred items onto Epicor in a timely manner.
• Transferring FG stocks and completed repairs between Edge Lane and Crabtree Lane sites.
• Develop, propose and implement standard operating procedures for the entire inventory management team to ensure success in reducing inventory errors.
• Facilitate inventory management and inform the Warehouse Manager on low items, misplaced items and defective items and Epicor errors giving rise to picking and inventory errors.
• Maintain the ‘live data’ hatch transaction system.
• Analyse hatch transaction data and implement procedures to reduce hatch footfall to zero.
• Coordinate and manage cycle counts within Company guidelines.
• Prepare for and host year end stock audit.
• Perform daily cycle counts in order to maintain reliable inventory levels.
• Investigate any kitting, receiving, booking, picking or packing errors liaising with all relevant departments.
• Chair and participate in meetings and decisions regarding incentives, process improvements and training related to customer service and team development.
• Develop, implement and monitor processes to maximize customer satisfaction; quality control in customer service.
• Work to efficiently and accurately resolve customer service issues.
• Ensure all orders are kitted, picked and packed in line with sales order/job requirements
• Highlight issues relating to quality of product, packing etc
GOODS IN AND DESPATCH
• Managing Goods in team on receipt of goods from suppliers, ensuring GRN’s are inputted onto the system in a timely manner, ensuring any discrepancies are reported and followed up on
• Managing courier pick and packing operation
• Oversee loading / unloading sea freight containers safely and in a timely manner to meet standard RHA TRT expectations
• Responsible for ensuring despatches are processed in line with agreed timetables and/ or in line with promised dates.
• Responsible for ensuring suitable packing of all items despatched.
a. Correct size boxes and packages
b. Treated Pallets
c. Suitably packaged blast pots
d. Air freight pallets are within height restrictions
e. Correct labels (Battery, overpack etc)
• Ensure Shipping, Sales and/or repairs are aware of any technical issues which will result in delays
The Stores Supervisor will be Responsible for: -
• Equipment Maintenance in line with regulatory requirements (FLT and Luton Service and LOLER Certification)
• Manage kitting, KANBAN, picking and packing activities in line with business requirement.
• Identify, implement and monitor suitable daily KPIs for the department and implement CI and corrective actions as required.
• Ensure all employees are trained to a level which allows them to competently carry out their assigned duties in line with the ‘right first time’ ethos.
• Generate and/or maintain a documented skills matrix and training record system and keep the Warehouse Manager and HR informed of progress and changes in staff knowledge.
• Deal with any ad hoc queries.
Monitor and implement immediate corrective actions for any breach of H&S including, but not exclusively:
o Use of PPE.
o Slip and trip hazards.
o Manual handling practices.
o Near miss accidents.
• Housekeeping – Maintain a high level of housekeeping by implementing weekly walking tours and logging outcomes and corrective actions on a visual information notice board. (5S)
• Cover for additional Supervisor in their absence
- At least 5 years recent supervisory experience within a Stores or Warehouse environment.
- Implementation and proven experience of PI counting.
- Proven track record of identification and implementation of CI Initiatives within a warehouse environment.
- PI count experience using Epicor or other similar ERP system.
- Formal management report writing
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- IT literate.
- Data entry.
- Basic report writing.
- Customer Focus
- Communicating & Influencing
- Drive & Determination
- Problem Solving/Initiative
- Planning & Business Performance
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.