To provide efficient administrative support to the Group HR & OD Director, HR Manager and HR Advisor in relation to all HR processes and procedures.
Full Time, Permanent
CIPD qualified or working towards Level 3
Closing Date: Friday 25th March 2022
- Ensure that both manual and electronic personnel records are set up and maintained accurately and consistently.
- Manage employee personnel data and ensure that all changes are documented, accurate and updated in the HR System.
- Maintain records in the HR System for annual leave, sickness absence and all other types of leave.
- Develop HR Systems; gather and input data and maintain accurate and up to date relevant HR records.
- Support all HR System users, investigating and responding to any queries / issues.
- Prepare and issue return to work forms for sickness absence.
- Respond to general HR queries from both managers and employees.
- Respond to reference requests.
- Produce and submit weekly timesheets for agency workers.
- Attend meetings and take minutes as required.
- Ensure that all communication and information systems are kept up to date with relevant HR information.
- Co-ordinate the Occupational Health process.
- Preparation and distribution of letters regarding the Company Pension Scheme, as required by the Group Finance Director.
- Ensure that the Company Organisation Charts are maintained in line with ISO requirements.
- Ensure that there is a readily available supply of HR forms and the Company Staff Handbook to be issued to employees.
- Ensure that all HR filing is kept up to date.
- Co-ordinate the transition to an electronic filing system and eliminate paper based records as far as possible.
- As appropriate, advertise job vacancies internally, on the Company’s careers page and on relevant job boards.
- Liaise with recruitment agencies in relation to advertising job vacancies, CVs submissions and providing feedback.
- Respond to all speculative applications and pass CVs on for further consideration.
- Provide support with direct recruitment including advertising job vacancies, engaging with direct candidates to discuss vacancies and providing feedback to successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Log all applications within the Company’s Applicant Tracking System.
- Ensure all recruitment administration is completed in a timely manner.
- Schedule interviews as required.
New Starters & Leavers:
- Update the HR System with new starter information.
- Inform the business about new starters.
- Organise all new starter welcome packs and induction plans.
- Conduct individual HR inductions for all new starters.
- Request employment references.
- Schedule and chase up probationary reviews.
- Remove / archive leavers in the HR System.
- Ensure that all of the relevant departments are notified of new starters and leavers. (Finance, IT and H&S).
Health & Safety:
- Ensure that the Fire Roll Call Registers are kept up to date.
- Process the administration for and co-ordinate the Vision Screening Process.
- Process the administration for and co-ordinate the First Aider Training.
- Ensure that all communication and information systems are kept up to date with relevant H&S information.
- Comply with the Company H&S procedures and legislation at all times.
- Identify any hazards, make safe and report as per the Company H&S procedures.
Previous experience in an administrative position.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with employees at all levels.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- IT literate, with a good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong ability to use own initiative.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.