Temporary Repairs Operative
To help the Technical Team fulfil their task to diagnose and repair faults in a timely and efficient manner, by assisting with some of the less technical tasks, such as; booking in and packing of repairs, calibration, case assembly, EOLT, some basic repairs.
Full Time, three month contract
Closing Date: Friday 4th March 2022
- Support role for the Service Department.
- Booking in new jobs and creating process documents
- Pack and complete products for return to customer or stock
- Calibrate and retest products including software upgrades.
- Carry out basic assembly tasks
- Carry out EOLT
- Carry out testing of products using associated test equipment.
- Carry out repairs on ‘repeat’ on high volume products
- Assess validity of warranty claims and action according to Company procedures.
- Make a positive contribution to continuous improvement activities within the team.
- Provide support to other internal departments as and when required.
- Comply with Company H&S procedures and legislation at all times.
- Identify any hazards, make safe and report as per Company H&S procedures.
- Ensure correct use and storage of PPE.
- Any additional duties deemed appropriate which are within the job holder’s capabilities.
- Some experience of working in a manufacturing environment, ideally within a repair/service department.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of spatial awareness, technical ability and focus.
- IT literate – MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Data entry.
- Manual dexterity.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.