Stores and Service Operative
To receive goods, pack goods and despatch goods through company process controls. Stock control. Service team support including assembly operations or testing products.
Full Time, Permanent
GCSE, EQF level 2 Maths and level B2 English language
Stores and Service Operatives will be responsible for the handling and movement of all materials from goods entering or leaving the business including, sundry materials, customer returns and finished goods. The movement and location of materials will be controlled via hand held terminals or a PC. Operatives will comfortably navigate around stores layouts having a clear understanding of the way physical location names are logically structured.
Goods Inward Processing and Put-away
- Receiving, processing, transfer and storing of all incoming materials and goods to designated locations or areas.
- Operate the fork lift truck.
- Using a PC to record, and verify the supplied quantity and parts supplied are correct.
- The barcode labelling of received items.
- The booking of serialised and non-serialised parts ‘to stock’ via receipt entry using the company’s ERP system.
- The raising of any receipt irregularities or queries with the Service and logistics team leader
- The receipt of material returned from customers (RMA processing).
- The receipt, booking and transfer of non-stocked items.
Extraordinary Material Issue
- The issue of sundry material such as consumables and other materials on an ad hoc basis resulting from departmental requests.
- Such requests will be politely discharged and the material move will be booked in the ERP system.
Perpetual Inventory (PI) Counting and Stock Taking
- The counting of specific stores inventory on an on-going cyclical basis.
- The identification and communication of counts including discrepancies between theoretical and physical stock.
Finished Goods Put-away
The transfer of received products and accessories to the correct Finished Goods stores location using HHT’s.
Finished Goods, Customer returns and Dispatch
- Re-packaging customer returns to agreed standards
- Picking, packing and processing all customer orders by the priority listing.
- Exercising good judgement for packing box selection, packing density and the arrangement of product to avoid transit damage.
- The packing and consolidation of customer orders in to appropriate despatch cartons via HHT
- Create dispatch documentation
- Liaise with carriers
- Dispatch of all orders
- Ensuring that the goods receiving/dispatch bays are clear of obstructions and as empty as practicable.
- The labelling of racks and bins with location bar codes.
- Exercising good judgement when determining the best floating location for part or product put-away.
- Ensuring that excess packaging is removed and transferred to the correct recycling bin.
- Ensuring that materials are not stored on the floor and all walkways are clear of obstructions.
- Compliance with 5S policies.
Health and safety
- Compliance with the use of issued personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Compliance with manual handling policies and accepted practices. Seeking of assistance or guidance when moving material that may present a risk.
- Three or more years’ experience working in a fast moving stores environment.
- Perpetual inventory counting.
- Material handling
- Safe manual handling
- Stores layout
- Compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs )
- Health and Safety
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- IT literate – MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Accurate Data entry.
- Manual dexterity.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.