Senior Support Engineer/3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
The purpose of this role is to manage, develop and maintain the IT infrastructure working in a small IT Department consisting of 2 Junior Support Technicians.
Full Time, Permanent
Relevant Degree required
Closing Date: Friday 19th August 2022
- Network infrastructure management – servers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi, telephone systems, Printers, HHT devices.
- Proactive support. Server, client and application upgrades and patching in conjunction with our third-party support providers.
- Strategic project implementations and upgrades
- Network Security management
- License compliance
- Back up, DR and risk assessment
- Liaise with external providers
- Undertake audits and ensure network documentation is kept up to date
- Support Business Systems Manager
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role or 3rd line support role
- Virtualisation Experience – Vmware, clustering
- Active Directory, DFS
- Windows server & Desktop OS
- Layered Network Switching
- Routing, VPN, VLAN
- MS Exchange
- AV management
- Microsoft Office & 365
- Access control (Aruba, Unifi)
- Network Print Management
- Telephone Systems
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.