Software Development Manager
To manage the design and development of software products.
Full Time, Permanent
Degree or equivalent experience in area of expertise
Closing Date: Friday 28th January 2022
- Responsible for development and output of software engineering team to deliver to NPD projects.
- Leading software projects and their deliveries, including creating and monitoring project plans, reviewing progress and ensuring adherence to Elcometer processes and their requirements.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Line management of team members including objective setting, personal development and performance management.
- Competence development of software team, including tools and processes.
- Work with Project Manager, Product Development Managers and lines within R&D to agree targets and resources.
- Develop and maintain software platform and architecture across multiple products.
- Contribute to R&D process development and continuous improvement.
- Adherence to all legislation relevant to the product or company.
- Ensure team and projects are working to and meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Participation to R&D reporting and strategy implementation as a member of the departmental management team.
- Contribute to departmental, project and product budget planning and authorise limited value purchases.
- Ensure own product development documentation is sufficient for purpose and retained/archived in an accessible system.
- Strong experience in software management.
- Proven track record in managing embedded software teams and development projects.
- Experience in developing complex technical solutions for new products and processes.
- Technical background in embedded software.
- Experience in programming, ideally C++ and the use of Object Oriented Design/Programming (OOD/OOP).
- Strong leadership and people skills.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer focus.
- Drive and determination.
- Planning and business performance.
- Commercial awareness and financial impact.
- Good understanding of real time software and the use of appropriate methods to implement it.
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.