Probe Design Engineer
To design and develop new products, on-time, on cost and in full, along with supporting and improving existing products.
Full Time, Permanent
Educated to degree level in Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics or equivalent.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd June 2022
- The system and detailed engineering design of electromagnetic probes.
- Detailed simulations and analysis of probe concepts and designs.
- Feasibility and research work focused at new product realisation.
- The documentation and review of designs.
- Liaise with other departments to deliver a design that optimises manufacturability.
- The adherence to relevant legislation and standards. (For example: ISO 9001.)
- To support new designs through the full product lifecycle.
- To take ownership of the probe design and its’ related activities (prototyping, testing, etc.).
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant engineering design role.
- Experience in electromagnetic field applications and system design.
- Good background in product development within agreed timescales.
- Transferring designs into production from the design/development stage.
- Experience in measurement instrumentation designs and developing measurement systems.
- Experience with MagNet simulations.
- Strong skills in product design for electrical engineering or mechatronics applications.
- Capable of writing technical reports for a range of audiences.
- Able to convert customer requirements into detailed specifications.
- Design for manufacture.
- Able to use electronics design-based CAD/CAM packages.
- Electronics engineering and PCB design.
- Embedded software skills.
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Applications should be made by forwarding a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can submit your application by post to: Elcometer Limited, Edge Lane, Droylsden, Manchester, M43 6BU.