Soluble salts on a surface are absorbed into a special filter paper soaked with distilled water. The Elcometer 130 SCM 400 measures the conductivity of the wet paper, calculates the salt level and displays it in µg/cm².
- Suitable for a wide range of shapes, orientations, surfaces and finishes.
- Quick and simple to use.
- Battery operated and portable.
- Confirms adequate cleaning of surfaces before coating, aiding the prevention of premature coating failure.
- Shows salt build-up on vulnerable surfaces, which can be cleaned to increase the lifetime of a coating.
- Test papers can be re-moistened and a similar test result can be achieved; ideal for proof and ISO requirements.
Can be used in accordance with SSPC Guide 15