The Elcometer 207 series of Precision Ultrasonic Thickness Gauges is designed to provide accurate measurements on thin materials.
All Elcometer 207 and 207DL gauges also have the special PLAS mode. This is specifically designed to provide accurate readings when measuring thin plastics.
Using the latest transducer designs, the Elcometer 207 gauges can accurately measure material thickness from 0.15 - 25.4mm (0.006-1”) without the need to change the measurement mode.
Elcometer 207DL only - ElcoMaster™2.0
- Interface-to-Echo Mode: The standard method for measuring material thicknesses from 1.65mm to 25.4mm (0.065 to 1.00”).
- Echo-to-Echo Mode: Measuring materials as thin as 0.15mm (0.006”) the Echo-to-Echo mode ignores the thickness of any coating applied to the surface under inspection.
- PLAS Mode: A mode specifically used for measuring very thin plastics. A special graphite delay line accessory is required for this mode.
- Differential Mode: Set an acceptable thickness (nominal) value in the gauge and the unit will display the positive or negative (±) difference from the nominal value entered.
- Alarm Mode: Once a minimum acceptable thickness has been set, a red LED illuminates and a buzzer sounds if a measurement falls below the preset value.
Elcometer Precision Ultrasonic Transducers are designed for thinner materials and have an accuracy to one one thousandth (0.001") of one millimetre (0.00004") and are suitable for a range of materials: Cast Iron, Steels, Plastic, Glass and Aluminium.
The Ultrasonic transducer is available as a right-angled, microdot version only.
||Measurement Range in Steel
||0.15 - 25.4mm (0.006 - 1.0”)
||Certificate of Calibration: issued for Fixed Calibration equipment and shows readings and traceability
Accredited Certificate: can be issued for Fixed Calibration Equipment and a full UKAS traceable certificate is issued from an independent Calibration Laboratory